You can use the Network Connect VPN to access applications behind the UT firewall, such as T-Storage, connect to your workstation or server on campus via Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), or activate the UT licenses for Microsoft Office and Windows.
- Navigate your browser to https://access.utk.edu.
- Log in with your NetID and Password.
- Under Client Application Sessions, click Start next to Network Connect.
- Windows: If prompted to Run the Java Application, click Do not show this again for apps from the publisher and location above, then click Run.
Mac: If prompted to install Java SE 6, install, then relaunch your browser and go back to Step 1 above.
- If prompted to download, install, and/or execute software from the following server, click Always to grant access to the Network Connect client.
- Windows: Once connected, the Network Connect icon should appear in the task tray. You can right-click this icon to display options.
Right-click the Network Connect icon and chose Basic View to see your VPN connection. You can also disconnect from the VPN here by clicking Sign Out.
Mac: Once Connected, the Network Connect icon should appear in your Applications folder. Double-click to launch; click the Dock icon to display connection options.
- Once you have installed the Network Connect VPN client, you can launch the client without going through the access.utk.edu site by clicking on the Network Connect icon from you Start Menu (Windows) or Applications folder (Mac).
- Once connected to the Network Connect VPN client, you may now use applications behind the UT firewall, such as T-Storage, connect to your workstation or server on campus via Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), or activate the UT licenses for Microsoft Office and Windows.